Metabolism, quite simply, is the conversion of food to energy.
Metabolic rate is a measure of how much food, or fat, is converted to energy in a day.
Preparing for the Test
In order to get the most accurate results, it is important to follow the standard protocol for a Resting Metabolic Rate test:
- You should avoid eating 4 hours before the test.
- Avoid exercising prior to your test.
- If possible, avoid the use of stimulants such as caffeine.
During the Test
During the test you will be invited to sit or recline in a comfortable position. You will be given a KORR MetaBreather mouthpiece to breathe in to. You will be breathing in air from the room, but the gas that you breathe out will go into the metabolic analyzer to measure your metabolic rate.
- Relax and close your eyes during the test.
- Keep lips sealed lightly around the MetaBreather. It is important that all the air you breathe out is analyzed.
- In just 10 minutes, your metabolic rate will be measured!